Bosch Ascenta SHX5AL05UC Fully Integrated Dishwasher With 5 Wash Cycles
The Bosch SHX5AL05UC 24" Ascenta DLX dishwasher is certainly a stylish, hygienic, and convenient kitchen appliance in stainless steel finish. It fits in most kitchen designs and styles with its elegant look. Accessories and additional features are easily available, along with manuals and step-by-step guides, through the manufacturer's official website.
- The Bosch SHX5AL05UC is an energy-saving machine with Energy Star certification. - The stainless steel tall tub comes with a lifetime warranty against rusting.
- It offers two options and five wash cycles: Power Scrub Plus, Auto, Regular, Delicate/ Economy Wash, Quick Wash.
- Its EcoSense feature reduces energy consumption by up to 20%.
- It operates efficiently and silently with two pumps that reduce unnecessary noise and vibration
- It has has a 24/7 overflow leak protection that assures against unwanted water leaks.
- It has a capacity of 14 place setting.
- It features triple filtration system and has flow-through water heater
With NSF certification, the Bosch SHX5AL05UC assures users that 99.9% of bacteria are eliminated through its cleaning cycles. It also comes with the trademark SaniDry feature that ensures hygienic condensation drying for all your dishes. The machine makes dishwashing convenient with its 30-minute quick wash and half load wash options. The machine has a delay start timer (3h, 6h and 9h) as well. Plastic ware is safe with the concealed heating elements.
This dishwasher model does not offer variable water pressure for cleaning. Although the heated water compensates for the lack of variable
pressure, sticky and greasy food particles still stick to the dishes.
Delicate items such as silverware and cutlery are washed with the rest of the dishes, as the dishwasher does not come with a specific basket within the tub. It also does not have a child lock feature nor does it come with a load sensor.
The tub has limited space as both top and bottom baskets are low. The top rack is adjustable but there is no mezzanine rack to add versatility. Also, the dishwasher does not come with sprinklers designed for taller items.
Consumer likes and dislikesPros
- provides versatility in washing cycles with five wash cycles
- works quietly
- energy-efficient with both the Energy Star certification and EcoSense technology
- stainless steel body and tub are easy to clean and guaranteed against rusting
- has a mechanism for overflow protection
- AquaStop feature guards against troublesome water leaks
- quick wash option is an extremely convenient feature
- efficient (cleans well and fast enough)Cons
- does not have a child lock, interior lights, and water softener
- has low top and bottom baskets that cannot accommodate taller items
- lacks the essential load sensor to indicate whether or not you are overpacking your dishwasher
- overpacking often leads to some dishes coming out not as clean as the others
- when the washer does not automatically drain, users need to consult that manual in order to manually remove certain parts and manually drain the machine Bosch Dishwasher main page