LG LSDF795ST Fully Integrated SteamDishwasher
Stained stemware, unsightly deposits, residual grime, damaged silverware: these are the issues you have to deal with when using a traditional water-based dishwasher. The whole process of spraying the interior of the washer during its operation inherently has some limitations. Fortunately, a new generation of dishwashers and appliances that use steam instead of water, has found its way into the market and is now changing the choices and the quality of dishwashers being sold out there. One such product is LG's new LSDF795ST Fully Integrated SteamDishwasher.
- No matter what type of residue is in your dishes, this dishwasher's trademarked TrueSteam Generator will ensure that everything will come out spotless and clean.
- The unit can handle as much as 16 place settings per load, effectively cleaning more with less energy consumption.
- The dishwasher has different settings to cater to different loads or needs.
- LG's SteamDishwasher line has superb insulation that blocks out most of the noise from normal operation.
The LSDF795ST uses steam to clean your dishes and stemware. What this means is your dining collection will come out spotless and without residue. It also has the added benefit of sterilizing your dishes, preventing the spread of harmful microbes. Using steam to clean your plates is more effective because the combination of high temperature and complete immersion inside the washer will result in all areas of the washer's interior, receiving the same level of cleaning intensity. You don't need to reposition your plates and glasses midway through the cleaning cycle. It is also more convenient because the machine will take care of the
whole cleaning process, from initial washing to complete drying, without your intervention.
And with all these benefits included, you still enjoy the advantage of this dishwasher's energy efficiency. You get a fully automated appliance without spending more on electricity: a win-win situation in anyone's book.
The LSDF795ST is quite flexible, but there are still certain limits as to the type and size of stemware or plates that you can fit inside it. A steam-based washer like this product is also a little bit more expensive than a traditional dishwasher. Taking this into account, and the reduced electricity bill from using this product, the resulting continuous-usage costs involved compared to a traditional washer is largely negligible. Lastly, in spite of the attractive benefits of using this product, the technology underneath the classy exterior is somewhat complicated for this type of appliance.
This might result in significant maintenance or repair costs. It is even pointed out that appliances nowadays can almost be treated as disposable items: the cost of fixing a damaged item is outweighed by the advantage of just purchasing a new one.
Consumer likes and dislikesPros
- LED Cycle Indicator lights to inform you of the operational state of the appliance
- Very easy to use and has intuitive controls
- Energy Star rated: very energy efficient
- Customized settings for every need
- Quiet operation
- Large-capacity interior
- Cleans AND sterilizes your plates and stemware at the same timeCons
- Slightly more expensive to buy than a traditional dishwasher
- Questionable reliability because of its complexity
- Now has many competing products in the marketLG Dishwasher main page