MAYTAG MDB7709AWS Jetclean Plus Stainless Steel Undercounter Dish
Maytag's MDB7709AWS is an Energy Star-qualified stainless steel undercounter dishwasher. It is equipped with the Twice the Life Motor, which ensures more life out of your dishwashing unit. When it comes to the cleaning capabilities of this dishwasher model by Maytag, the unit has the much-favored SteamClean option and high temperature rinse to remove stains from glassware.
- The SteamClean feature removes tough, dried stains as well as bacteria and germs in one cycle. Add this to the sanitize option and you can be sure that your dishes come out germ-free.
- The stainless steel tub interior adds to the durability of the dishwasher.
- The Energy Star seal means you get considerable savings from this dishwashing unit in terms of power and water.
- The Split & Fit Silverware Basket allows you organize your utensils and baskets in the washer and also enables easy removal.
- Never worry about removing food first before loading your dishes. The built-in hard food disposer with four blades disposes large food particles so you don't have to worry about blocked tubes.
- The strong grip upper tiered rack allows you to remove the upper rack with ease.
- The washer runs quietly in the background with the QuietSeries 300 Sound Package.
- The14 place setting capacity allows for washing larger piles of dishes.
- The fold-away tines allow for fitting larger plates and taller glasses into the dishwasher.
- Various wash cycles allow you to choose the right setting according to the difficulty of washing the dishes. Wash cycles include heavy, normal, and light.
- The heated dry option helps
you dry dishes faster, but you also have the option of air drying the dishes to save on energy.
- The automatic temperature control determines how high the temperature should be and adjusts the cycle accordingly so that you can save on water and power.
- Touch pad controls work with a microprocessor for extra sensitivity and for easy control setting.
- The rinse-aid dispenser is one of the most useful features of this unit. It allows you to stack dishes without thorough rinses.
- The removable upper rack allows you to fit taller items into the dishwasher without any hassle by silding the upper rack out to make more room.
One of the main advantages of this washer is the oversize capacity, which allows you to wash larger loads of dishes in one go. The unit also works quietly in the background. The controls are easy to understand and easy to change with the ultra-responsive touchscreen on the front panel.
One of the disadvantages is that the dishwashing unit needs a special valve in order to install, which means that you may need a professional to do the installation for you. The unit doesn't have a delay wash option and other convenient features.
Consumer likes and dislikes Pros
- attractive design
- cleans well
- easy to load
- simple controls easy to understand and change Cons
- needs extra venting to install
- quiet but not as quiet as other models
- lacks cup shelving and no adjustable racks
- no delay wash option
- unit not custom door kit compatible Maytag Dishwashers main page